BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 18, 2008

Yeah, we're gonna Bop, Bop, Bop


Yesterday, I was extremely nervous because I had a callback for the part of Ryan Evans, the part that I really want! I was really nervous because I had been in bed sick for three days and was still trying to completely recover. Anyway, so I just got up and I checked the cast list and I sat there so excited. I got the part of Ryan Evans!! Actually, they double-casted the leads so I am only him one weekend and there is another guy for the other weekend. We are running in May 16-18 and May 22-25 so I am so excited. Here is a picture of what Ryan Evans looks like in the movie.

Yes, I know. I am going to be transformed into that! Anyway, so my director told me that he has the hit some really high notes in the play. What they had me do was sing "Row your Boat" six times, each time going up a half-step. Yeah, it got pretty high but I think I got it. Anyway, here'a a little biography of Ryan Evan's character:

Ryan Evans is the twin brother and acting partner of Sharpay Evans, with whom he has starred in seventeen school productions to date. In High School Musical, both Ryan and his sister function as antagonists, while in High School Musical 2, he becomes a protagonist. Ryan is an excellent dancer and singer, tending to lean toward high-energy, upbeat songs and expressive choreography, often to the point of absurdity. He has a much more highly developed sense of fashion than most East High students, wearing button down shirts and slacks and topping each outfit with some type of floppy hat. The hats are one of Ryan's most notable features; he wears over twenty different hats. In High School Musical on Stage, both Ryan and his sister funk it up as antagonists attempting to keep Troy Bolton and Gabriella Montez from winning the lead roles in the school's winter musical, Romeo and Juliet. In spite of a few moments where Ryan appears annoyed by Sharpay's domineering attitude, he accepts her leadership unquestioningly throughout the play

So thats a little bit about my character. Gosh, can you tell that I'm excited about this? I will be posting more, don't worry!

3 comments:

Betty said...

Yeah, JOEY!!! I knew u could do it!

Bethany Hernandez said...

i'm so happy for you! and this character is completely perfect for you! i can't wait to see you perform again...love ya!

lisoto said...

congrats, Josiah! you always add the "song" to our family and make us look good! love you buddy!!