BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's hard to believe, that I couldn't see

Yesterday, I auditioned for the stage version of High School Musical! The first thing we did was sing and then danced, and then did some reads. When I went in to sing, I sang the song I had practiced for the audition, Santa Fe. I got through the middle of it and they stopped me. I got, "Great Job!" "That was so awesome Josiah!" "That sounded fantastic!" and "I love it!" I was then asked to sing "Jingle Bells", "Silent Night", and "What I've Been Looking For" (a song from High School Musical).

After the solos, we were shown some of the choreography in the song "Stick to the Status Quo". It was really difficult because there was alot of jumping and alot of feet work and hand work, and it all went really fast. It was fun, though.

We then did the reads and those were fun. I read twice for Ryan and once for Chad. For those of you who do not know any characters, Ryan is a thespian who has been the lead in plays with his sister, Sharpay (who is also his twin) since kindergarten. Chad is a basketball player who puts his friends at risk just to win the state championship. In this play, there are six leads, 3 boys and 3 girls. Ryan is the second guy lead, and Chad is the third guy lead.

There is another audition on Saturday and Callbacks are next Sunday at 2. The cast list will be posted next Monday. I am eager to see if I get a callback.

0 comments: